The first premium wireless aviation headset - Lightspeed Tango - blends outstanding noise cancelation, renowned Lightspeed comfort, and wireless convenience. With no cables to get in the way and critical controls - including volume and ComPriority - located on the headset, the Lightspeed Tango creates an entirely new level of flying enjoyment and untethered freedom.
The Lightspeed Tango Aviation Headset features:
- Lightspeed Link technology - the heart of Tango is Lightspeed Link. Developed by Lightspeed engineers to ensure the reliable communication pilots demand, Lightspeed Link is not Bluetooth or WiFi, but incorporates existing technologies chosen for both signal reliability and audio quality for the aviation environment. The Lightspeed Link connection is so robust, as many as six Tango headsets can be operated in the same aircraft, letting everyone onboard experience the true freedom of wireless flight.
- Panel interface - the panel interface is the vital hub of the Lightspeed Link system, routing communication between the headset, the intercom, and auxiliary devices. Wrapped in an attractive and durable case, it houses the lower cable, which is adjustable to 31 inches. Weighing just under 9 ounces and with multiple mounting points, no upper cables, and critical controls located on the headset, the panel interface can be mounted conveniently and securely in any aircraft.
- Power supply: Tango is powered by rechargeable lithium ion batteries, a power source trusted in countless critical applications. Lightspeed's rechargeable lithium ion batteries deliver twelve hours of continuous operation while offering earth and wallet friendly reusability in a compact size. The Tango dual-port wall charger can quickly charge both the headset and panel interface batteries at the same time, providing 75% charge in less than an hour and a full charge in two hours. The batteries can also be charged while the headset is in use or easily replaced on the go. The battery for the headset and panel interface are interchangeable, and spare batteries can be purchased separately.
- Built-in redundancy - the panel interface also stores the backup cable, instantly available for uninterrupted communication, in the event the batteries become depleted.
- Outstanding quiet - Tango delivers the advanced noise cancellation you expect from Lightspeed.
- Remarkable comfort - Tango features plush ear seals with large openings and nearly 10 square inches of surface area for a better seal and greater distribution of side pressure.
- FlightLink compatible - capture and retrieve incoming and outgoing communications with Lightspeed's free FlightLink recording app for the Apple iPad and iPhone via the supplied patch cable.
- Choice of auxiliary inputs - enjoy excellent call clarity, music fidelity, and access to critical alerts from aviation apps on mobile devices using either the supplied patch cable or Bluetooth.
- ComPriority - never miss important radio communications with patented ComPriority, which lowers the volume of any auxiliary device automatically during radio or intercom transmissions.
- Auto-Shutoff - Lightspeed's proprietary Auto-Shutoff feature saves battery life by automatically shutting down the headset and Panel Interface power when not in use.
- Reversible microphone - a unique design allows microphone placement on the left or the right.
- Included - custom molded carrying case, music patch cord, cord clip, two lithium ion batteries (only one included with LEMO panel power headsets), two charging cables, dual-port wall charger.
Technical Specs Lightspeed Tango Aviation Headset:
- Battery power supply: 3.7V rechargeable Li-Ion battery offers up to 12 hours power (depending on usage)
- Headset weight (with battery): approx. 18 oz. (approx. 510 g)
- Headphone: transducer (40 mm moving coil), frequency response 20 Hz20 kHz
- Nominal impedance (when wired with backup cable at 1 kHz): mono 180 ohms, stereo 250 ohms
- Microphone transducer principle: noise-canceling electret
- Mic. frequency response: 200 Hz 6,000 Hz
- Mic. maximum SPL: 114 dB
- Mic. terminating impedance: 220 2,200 ohms
- Operating voltage: 8V 16V DC
- ANR maximum SPL: Greater than 120 dB at 100 Hz
- Bluetooth enabled phone: yes
- Bluetooth Audio (A2DP): yes
This version is: Lightspeed Tango ANR, wireless with GA Twin Plugs.
Delivery includes: Lightspeed Tango ANR Headset, Lightspeed Link panel interface with GA twin plugs, two rechargeable Li-Ion batteries, two charging cables, dual-port wall charger, custom molded carrying case, music patch cord, cord clip, user manual.